The quick & easy way to
add a custom YouTube
video in WordPress.
Stable Version: 2.0
The « Enhanced YouTube Shortcode » plugin provides a quick & easy way to use a custom YouTube player in WordPress posts and/or pages without having to get your hands dirty in the source codes! The main advantage over the way WordPress is usually working this out is the possibility of changing the display of all players in one single spot instead of having to do it manually at every places it has been set. But most importantly: it’s fun and good for you!
The code that is generated always allows scripting access and forces the use of the ActionScript 3 engine (to be sure everybody has the same settings). There are more than 10 parameters available through a configuration page (reach it from the Settings Menu). It has been initially created (& tested) on a *Wordpress 3.3.1* live installation according to the specifications of the official YouTube API: see the YouTube Embedded Player Parameters page for quick references.
1. Extract the /enhanced-youtube-shortcode/ folder from the downloaded file.
2. Upload this extracted folder and its content in your WordPress plugins directory.
3. Go to Plugins=>Enhanced YouTube Shortcode & activate the plugin.
4. To modify the player display options go to Settings=>Enhanced YouTube.
5. You can now use [youtube_video id= »uAOLzRhKF9c »] kind of shortcode.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I just want to try your plugin: does it leaves traces everywhere? No, after an usual uninstall inside the admin area of WordPress the saved values are erased from the database.
- I’m using Internet Explorer and the settings page just looks awful… Oh, I’m soooo sorry for you. Really. Maybe it’s time for you to give up, don’t you think?
- You’re a french speaking bloke, right? So where is the translation? It’s quite simple: I’m learning how to do it properly… The french language is on its way now: you can expect it in a near future.
- I got a specific question related to this plugin… What could I do? Your best chance for anything related to this plugin is to send a detailed message to its creator by using this email adress: pixel-solitaire[(a.t)]pixel-solitaire.com
- I think you’re a genius & I want you to be the father of my children. Well… If you’re actually a sexy blond woman with lot of money and a big car I believe we can form a real complete couple: I offer quite the opposite …
New user interface
New «related videos» feature
Minor bugs fixed
Minor HTML errors fixed
New «infos before playing» feature
Visual & core files dissociation
Source code processing
New «Theme» feature
Code generation refinement
Version 2.0 groundwork
New «Autoplay» & «Force HD» features
Options panel visual adjustments
Minor logical improvments
New « Hide YouTube logo » feature
Fix an « Options output » bug
Plugin class encapsulation
Initial public release.
Bugs repair / visual modifications.
Possibility to modify and save new player options.
Addition of a page to display the settings & how to.
Translation of the manual code into a plugin form.
The initial code is released as a snippet for manual inclusion into the « functions.php » page, in this post.
Donation, sharing & license: